maandag 14 januari 2013

Shack Chiq - South African Townships.

Last week I went to South Africa -Hout Bay- to see very dear friends who live there since January 2012. And one morning we drove around to get a glimp of the overwhelming nature and wonderful architecture of Cape Dutch houses. We drove past a township or so called Shack. Thoughts like ‘I’ll never get out of my car because people are going to kill me' run trough people’s minds as they race past at high speed. But do you actually know that there's life there - there's living there, there's relationships there and there's beauty in these places you might think are ugly.

Craig Fraser, who has photographed some of the most luxurious homes in the world, has done a wonderful job by photographing these shacks. His vibrant images capture the style and innovation of Cape Town’s shack dwellers, using only available light, without any styling, to show their true beauty. And I love it.











Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten